We’re looking for a Sr. Director, Demand Marketing Strategy to contribute to the Quarry team. Read the job description below, and if you think you’d be a good fit for the role, fill out the brief application form at the bottom of the page.
Sr. Director, Demand Marketing Strategy
Are you an expert in demand marketing strategy? Do you love solving complex marketing challenges? Is deep expertise in B2B marketing best practices a hallmark of your CV? If so, this role may be just the one for you. Quarry is looking for a Senior Director, Demand Marketing Strategy to join our team of talented marketing professionals.
Working within our Demand Strategy practice, you’re an experienced marketing leader, passionate about connecting business strategy to marketing strategy and building results-oriented, demand marketing programs. You understand the complexities of B2B buying and how to navigate them from a marketing perspective. You appreciate what it means to manage complex, multi-channel marketing campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle. And, you’re looking for a dynamic, fast-paced environment in which to grow your career and challenge yourself.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be an advisor to the client, helping them think through their marketing strategies as they relate to business strategies and imperatives.
- Work with the client to determine short- and long-term marketing performance objectives and critical milestones.
- Lead the development of comprehensive demand marketing programs and account-based marketing (ABM) campaigns for clients, providing expertise and guidance on: strategy, planning, channel selection, tactical recommendations, personalization, technology requirements and considerations, measurement/analysis, etc.
- To accomplish this, you will:
- Collaborate with other members of the Demand Strategy practice (including Brand,Experience and Technology strategists) to gain an understanding of the client’s brand, buyers and category; inform approaches and decisions related to buyer experience; and ensure that the necessary technology strategy is in place to support execution.
- Work closely with the Client Success Directors to ensure alignment with client realities.
- Collaborate with Quarry practice leads and SMEs across the Marketing Operation sand Buyer Experience teams to bring demand marketing initiatives to life.
- Support marketing and sales alignment and enable active sales support of marketing-driven programs and initiatives.
- Review data analysis (including historical marketing program and campaign performance, channel performance, account/contact data, buyer behaviours and so on) to inform planning.
- Contribute to the further advancement of the Demand Marketing practice by supporting new business efforts as well as developing and publishing thought leadership pieces.
What we’re seeking:
- A successful track record navigating enterprise-level organizations.
- Experience working with senior leadership and executive management.
- Proven expertise in leading-edge, B2B marketing practices, including a deep understanding of the principles of demand marketing and account-based marketing.
- An ability to translate high-level strategic thinking into meaningful customer experiences.
- Experience in developing multi-channel, multi-touch marketing programs and campaigns that encompass inbound, outbound, digital and offline channels.
- Sound understanding of key B2B marketing technologies including marketing automation platforms and CRM systems; knowledge of intent, predictive, customer data platforms and related technologies is a bonus.
- Sound understanding of enterprise sales team structures and processes and how these influence and inform marketing initiatives.
- Experience analyzing results and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role; experience leading, mentoring, coaching and managing a business group or department.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced professional environment dealing with executive-level decision-makers and critical business issues.
- The ability to multitask, handle quickly shifting priorities and bring new ideas into play in a collaborative fashion.
- A problem-solver and champion in driving results.
- 15+ years of progressive experience leading marketing strategies and seeing them through to execution.
- Minimum of 5 years managing a team.
- Previous experience within a B2B marketing setting and/or agency is ideal.
- Experience working in—or closely with—B2B technology firms is preferred.
- Understanding of B2B marketing analyst models, approaches and best practices is an asset.