We’re looking for a Marketing Account Director to contribute to the Quarry team. Read the job description below, and if you think you’d be a good fit for the role, fill out the brief application form at the bottom of the page.
Marketing Account Director
Are you a strategic, solution-oriented marketer? Do you have a passion for creating meaningful client partnerships? Are you looking to join a vibrant, growing team? Quarry is currently looking for an experienced Account Director to join our team. The successful candidate will be comfortable working within a team environment, acting as a primary client contact. Travel may be required in this role, depending on client location.
To be successful, you exude confidence and thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments. You are adept at managing multiple projects and priorities and respond to last minute changes in direction without breaking a sweat. You love learning and long to work with an amazing team of people who are experts in what they do.
What you’ll be doing:
- Foster relationships with senior-level clients.
- Be the clients’ marketing champion, building deep knowledge of their businesses, industries and customers.
- Learn about all aspects of our clients’ businesses, understand our integrated service offering and constantly be looking for new ways we can help build our clients’ businesses—and our own.
- Remain constantly connected (face to face, phone, email) with clients and team members, listening and reacting to wants and anticipating needs.
- Manage budgets, billing and forecasting for our work.
- Be accountable for delivering results to our clients.
- Work closely with direct reports, providing them support and helping overcome any barriers to success.
- Provide ongoing oversight and real-time coaching in growth areas.
- Bring the right people together to get the job done right.
- Employ a customer-centric perspective in our work.
- Ensure the work that we produce meets our clients’ needs while maintaining the Quarry high standard of quality.
- Look for opportunities to give the creative team and/or subject matter experts latitude to push conventions and think big for our clients.
- Work with Quarry Brand Strategists and Demand Gen Strategists to build strategies and plans that meet and exceed client goals.
- Incorporate big-picture, forward-looking thinking in all the work we produce and ensure that every tactic we execute ties back to the overarching strategy.
- Look for and create efficiencies in how work gets done and how we interact with our clients.
- Share accountability for processes, progress and the quality of our work.
- Hold weekly status meetings and oversee the maintenance of thorough documentation to ensure the entire team is coordinated.
- Most importantly, be in the trenches helping the team and our clients move forward all the pieces of very large, multi-channel, multi-stakeholder campaigns, on time and on budget.
What we’re seeking:
- Demonstrated success in building strong client relationships and oversight.
- The drive to be constantly growing revenue with existing clients and throughout those client organizations.
- Outstanding presentation skills and comfort with executive audiences, with experience playing a role in new business presentations.
- The ability to sell big ideas and concepts.
- Experience leading through difficult situations and negotiating tough conversations.
- Experience overseeing all agency outputs, ensuring they are on strategy, creative and of the appropriate quality.
- An aptitude for financial management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the cost of agency services, with intuitive ability to help value price work for clients.
- Capabilities in forecasting, budgeting and managing margins.
- The ability to identify and bring together the appropriate internal and external cross-functional teams to deliver on client needs.
- An aptitude for effective collaboration and leadership. The willingness to present others’ ideas with passion is a major asset.
- Thorough knowledge in many areas, including marketing; geography; information and industrial design; and cultural, political and historical matters.
- 10+ years of relevant account management experience.
- Budget/financial management experience.
- 5+ years team leadership experience.
- Proven track record on large, highly complex, multi-channel and multi-stakeholder business, with experience from strategy through to execution.
- Business-to-business experience is considered an asset; experience in technology industries would also be considered an asset.
Quarry drives demand for B2B technology clients. Our 90+ team of modern marketing strategists, creatives and technologists do this for some of North America’s most respected brands.
Quarry is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation during the application, interview or selection stages, please contact Shelley Facey, Director, People.
While we appreciate your interest in Quarry and the time you took to apply, due to the volume of résumés received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.