We’re looking for a Financial Analyst to contribute to the Quarry team. Read the job description below, and if you think you’d be a good fit for the role, fill out the brief application form at the bottom of the page.
Quarry is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join our team as a Financial Analyst. This position is a full-time position, five days per week, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will deliver accounting services to the organization as part of a larger finance team. In this uniquely blended opportunity, your primary responsibilities will be in Accounts Receivable, but the role will also work cross-functionally as part of our Accounts Payable team. This position will offer the right candidate the opportunity to learn and grow their agility in finance. Opportunities for growth and development are available within the Finance team.
If you have excellent customer-service orientation, are a connector and relationship-builder, have strong problem-solving skills and a passion for getting things done the right way, possess strong accuracy and attention to detail, and experience in a business environment, you could be the new teammate we’re looking for.
What you’ll be doing:
Primary Responsibilities - Accounts Receivable
- Actively working with our Client Success team on forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Actively improving financial status of the clients by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to the Client Success team.
- Preparing and analyzing monthly financial client reporting package, explaining variances to budget and previous years by providing in-depth analysis and recommendations, performing ad hoc reports, and contributing insightful recommendations.
- Preparation of client invoices and verification of related documents, in a timely and accurate manner.
Secondary Responsibilities - Accounts Payable
- Receiving and verifying invoices and requisitions, and reconciling vendor statements.
- Preparing and entering invoices for payment.
- Preparing and managing both manual and automated payment runs.
- Investigating outstanding invoices and resolving supplier queries.
- Maintaining accounts payable vendor files and information.
- Creating financial reports.
- Delivering transaction reconciliations by comparing and correcting financial data.
What we’re seeking:
- Post-secondary diploma or university degree in business or accounting or equivalent
- Demonstration of skills and knowledge required for the position
- Strong computer skills and experience with financial software systems
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Someone who loves being part of an energetic, enthusiastic team and loves collaboration, but is also highly self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently as required
- Excellent analytical skills, detail-oriented, strong problem-solving skills