We’re looking for a Finance Administrator to contribute to the Quarry team. Read the job description below, and if you think you’d be a good fit for the role, fill out the brief application form at the bottom of the page.
Quarry is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join our team as a Financial Insight Administrator. This position is full-time, five days per week, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily, and works from our St. Jacobs riverside office location.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will deliver accounting services to the organization as part of a larger finance team. Your primary responsibilities will be in Accounts Payable, so previous experience working as part of a finance team, in this role, is required. In addition, the role will also work cross-functionally as part of our Accounts Receivable team, providing the right candidate with the opportunity to learn and grow their agility in finance. Training in this area will be provided over time.
If you have excellent customer-service orientation, are a connector and relationship-builder, have strong problem-solving skills and a passion for getting things done the right way, possess strong accuracy and attention to detail, and have experience in a business environment, you could be the new teammate we’re looking for.
What you’ll be doing:
Primary Responsibilities - Accounts Payable
- Receiving and verifying invoices and requisitions, and reconciling vendor statements.
- Preparing and entering invoices for payment.
- Preparing and managing both manual and automated payment runs.
- Investigating outstanding invoices and resolving supplier queries.
- Maintaining accounts payable vendor files and information.
- Creating financial reports.
- Delivering transaction reconciliations by comparing and correcting financial data.
Secondary Responsibilities - Accounts Receivable
- Actively working with our Client Results team on forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Actively improving financial status of the clients by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to the Client Results team.
- Preparing and analyzing monthly financial client reporting package, explaining variances from budget and previous years by providing in-depth analysis and recommendations, performing ad hoc reports, and contributing insightful recommendations.
- Preparation of client invoices and verification of related documents in a timely and accurate manner.
What we’re seeking:
- Post-secondary diploma or university degree in business or accounting or equivalent.
- Two to three years of relevant experience preferred, or demonstration of skills and knowledge required for the position.
- Strong computer skills and experience with financial software systems.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Someone who loves being part of an energetic, enthusiastic team and loves collaboration, but is also highly self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently as required.
- Excellent analytical skills, detail-oriented, strong problem-solving skills.
Quarry is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation during the application, interview or selection stages, please contact Shelley Facey, Director, People.
While we appreciate your interest in Quarry and the time you took to apply, due to the volume of résumés received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.