We’re looking for a Director, Workflow and Project Management to contribute to the Quarry team. Read the job description below, and if you think you’d be a good fit for the role, fill out the brief application form at the bottom of the page.
Director, Workflow and Project Management
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director to join our Workflow and Project Management (WPM) team within our Client Success practice.
Is broad experience across B2B marketing channels a hallmark of your CV? Do you excel at managing complex, multi-channel integrated digital marketing campaigns from strategy through to activation, utilizing various marketing technologies? Are you motivated by overseeing processes and continuously pursuing optimal workflows and ways for internal teams to collaborate together most effectively to deliver great outcomes for clients?
If you would describe yourself as proactive, organized, energetic and a great communicator; you thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments; you’re confident and enjoy ‘sweating the details’ and you have multiple years of experience working in an advertising or marketing agency environment in a program or senior-level project management role, this role may be a great fit for you.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver on their commitments, demonstrating personal accountability for the WPM team’s contributions, for the efficient and effective delivery of client projects and for organizational workflows and processes. You will lead a team of project management professionals at various stages in their career development, supporting their growth through effective leadership, coaching and modeling. You will also actively lead projects where appropriate. In your role, you will build strong internal relationships to promote effective collaboration between the Account Management, Project Management, Strategy, Creative, Media, Technology, Operations and Measurement teams.
What you will be doing:
- Continually monitor and assess workflow and internal processes, identifying gaps, determining future state, making recommendations and leading implementation of changes when necessary
- Liaise with senior leadership team to ensure any workflow-related changes are in line with organizational targets and goals
- Continually monitor resource capacities and identify talent needs along with recommendations for engaging freelance, contract or full-time talent
- Support recruitment, onboarding and management of freelance and contract talent
- Demonstrate leadership within the organization to ensure processes are being followed, and provide support to implement new ones as required
- Continuously look for and identify ways to better deliver on our promises to our clients and teammates
Program and project management
- Collaborate with the Program Manager, Demand Strategy to manage the translation of marketing strategies and plans through to activation
- Set-up and provide oversight to integrated digital campaigns, providing the “big-picture” view to all connected jobs
- Create and/or review milestone timelines and project plans/schedules and facilitate keeping jobs on track
- Provide ongoing perspective, oversight and guidance to SMEs and internal project management team members throughout project lifecycle
- Ensure each program or project is running smoothly by anticipating and effectively dealing with issues and roadblocks.
- Lead the planning, scheduling, resourcing, and implementation of a wide range of marketing initiatives.
- Assist in preparing estimates, project documentation, schedules and status reports, as well as providing project administrative support as required.
- Learn our internal processes and continually check in on what our craft experts need to do their best work.
- Work with the Account Management team and the Demand Strategy practice members to ensure briefs are thorough, timelines are realistic and work is delivered within budget.
- Ensure internal teams receive the direction and support they need to deliver successful work.
- Support and take accountability for the profitable delivery of projects by members of the WPM team.
- Clearly and consistently communicate goals, responsibilities, performance expectations and feedback in a positive and collaborative manner with internal teams.
- At times, you will communicate directly with clients in order to keep projects moving forward efficiently and professionally
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of progressive experience in a marketing role, with team leadership responsibilities
- A capable leader who brings out the best in their direct reports by practicing appropriate situational leadership (e.g. coaching, delegating, modeling, collaborating)
- Experience managing fully integrated multi-channel digital marketing campaigns, including ones with marketing automation and media components
- Experience managing multiple programs involving cross-functional teams and delivering the programs within budgetary and schedule constraints
- Experience developing briefing documents, defining project goals and objectives, identifying project risks and risk-mitigation plans, developing project timelines and budgets, scheduling resources and managing multiple milestones and deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Someone who loves being part of an energetic, enthusiastic team, but also isn’t afraid to forge ahead independently when required
- The ability to work in a fast-paced professional environment
- The ability to multitask, handle quickly shifting priorities
- An individual who is collaborative, enjoys diving into the details and is solution-oriented
- Sound understanding of B2B marketing principles and best practices
- Experience with Account-based marketing is an asset
- PMP/PgMP certification is an asset