We’re looking for a Content Strategist to contribute to the Quarry team. Read the job description below, and if you think you’d be a good fit for the role, fill out the brief application form at the bottom of the page.
“I really wish I had more content to wade through trying to find what’s relevant and helpful to me,” said no potential customer ever.
If you have solid experience in content strategy and content marketing grounded in an understanding of the B2B buying context, and you want to accelerate your career in a dynamic agency environment, read on —you’ll find this opportunity quite relevant.
As a member of our Strategy team, the content strategist collaborates across Quarry teams to design effective, integrated content programs that drive results for our clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Advocating for buyer insight at the core of all content experiences
- Working with our clients, brand strategists and account team members to understand target audiences (their needs/motivations/challenges; buying journey; buying group; and consideration set) as well as the implications of brand strategy for content and messaging
- Collaborating with our buyer engagement and experience design teams in the creation of campaign and content plans and/or editorial calendars, ensuring that channel, audience, messaging, format and timing are aligned for maximum engagement
- Creating content strategy and content marketing plans that provide value to the audience(s), while fostering brand development and achievement of client business goals
- Planning relevant, useful and persuasive content for content hubs, ABM campaigns, websites, content syndication, etc.
- Evaluating/auditing existing client content; writing and/or rewriting materials in a way that reflects online usability, SEO and marketing best practices and that matches clients’ tone and voice (often in collaboration with a content creator – this is not primarily a writing role)
- Consulting with the strategy, analytics and client account teams to establish appropriate KPIs for content recommendations; evaluating results and making recommendations for content optimization
- Collaborating with the inbound marketing teams to identify opportunities to repurpose and promote existing content across channels
- With leadership support, polishing and formalizing the practice of content strategy at Quarry, which may include:
- Consulting with analytics and other areas of expertise to establish an appropriate technical framework for content planning, creation and governance
- Establishing best practices for messaging/content frameworks
- Raising awareness and understanding of the role of content marketing in marketing plans
- Working with various team members to pilot and onboard enabling technologies, such as customer data platforms, content marketing platforms, etc.
What we’re seeking:
- Experience in understanding complex products/services and how the right content can help business customers make decisions in challenging buying environments
- Passion for technology – as an enabler in your role, as a channel to reach our audiences, and as a product/service of our clients
- Experience in effective content creation
- Excellent presentation skills
- Aptitude for effective collaboration and leadership
- Agency experience would be lovely, but not mandatory
- 5+ years’ demonstrated experience in a content strategy role; ideally with B2B background
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Writing, Marketing, Advertising, or related field