We’re looking for a Brand Strategist to contribute to the Quarry team. Read the job description below, and if you think you’d be a good fit for the role, fill out the brief application form at the bottom of the page.
Do you have a deep interest in human decision-making and the dynamics of persuasion? Are you energized by gaining––and sharing––insight into what makes people tick? Does the thought of building brand strategy that connects with business technology buyers make your neurons zing with enthusiasm?
Now, imagine yourself at the front of a room of respected business people––all with years of experience and deeply held opinions––who see their shared brand through very different perspectives. Can you cut through the voices? Can you promote productive discussion? Can you foster alignment?
Yeah, sometimes it may feel like Brand Strategists deserve hazard pay. (You won’t get it, mind you.) But if you’re the experienced, no-daunts-given Brand Strategist we’re looking for, you already know it’s one of the best jobs in the agency.
At Quarry, each Brand Strategist works with multiple clients, who are typically at different stages in their brand lifecycle. On one brand, for example, you may be working with researchers. For another, you are facilitating stakeholder workshops to gain alignment on a new brand architecture. On a third, you’re working with our creative and planning teams to develop a compelling and effective ABM campaign inspired by your on-point brief and your insightful counsel. You’re probably also keeping half an eye on other strategy-driven activities that are currently underway but well led by Client Results. You might also be gearing up for some new business development.
The point is, the pace is fast and the energy level is high.
Typical role responsibilities:
- Leading discovery, making connections and distilling meaningful insight about target audiences and consideration set to internal and client teams.
- Acting as a voice of truth to our clients and our teams – keeping us on track and keeping our clients connected to their buyers.
- Working with our research team to design, deploy, and analyze buyer, brand and category research as a foundation for effective strategy.
- Developing brand strategy, with a particular focus on B2B technology brands.
- Supporting the development of brand-building creative, buyer engagement plans, and messaging strategies.
- Ensuring alignment and integration of channel, audience, timing and messaging across campaigns and tactics.
What we’re seeking:
- Outstanding presentation skills, as well as a high degree of comfort in facilitating discussions with both individuals and groups at all levels of seniority.
- Experience in developing compelling, effective and differentiated brand strategy.
- Desire and ability to collaborate to uncover and share meaningful insights about the buyer, buying group, and buying journey.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Willingness and ability to travel within North America.
- 8+ years’ experience in a Strategist role or equivalent; ideally with B2B agency background.