We’re looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to contribute to the Quarry team. Read the job description below, and if you think you’d be a good fit for the role, fill out the brief application form at the bottom of the page.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Quarry is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join our team as an Accounts Payable Clerk (at Quarry you’ll be our “Financial Insight Administrator”) on a part-time contract. This position will be required to work 3 days per week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (21 hours) from our St. Jacobs riverside office location.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will deliver accounting services to the organization as part of a larger finance team. If you have excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for getting things done the right way, you could be the new teammate we’re looking for.
What you’ll be doing:
- Receiving and verifying invoices and requisitions, reconciling vendor statements
- Preparing and entering invoices for payment
- Preparing and managing both manual and automated payment runs
- Investigating outstanding invoices and resolving supplier queries
- Maintaining accounts payable vendor files and information
- Creating financial reports
- Delivering transaction reconciliations by comparing and correcting financial data
What we’re seeking:
- Post-secondary diploma or university degree in business or accounting or equivalent relevant experience preferred
- Strong computer skills and experience with financial software systems
- Someone who loves being part of an energetic, enthusiastic team and loves collaboration, but is also highly self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently as required
- Excellent analytical skills, detail-oriented, strong problem-solving skills