We’re looking for an Account Director, Client Success to contribute to the Quarry team. Read the job description below, and if you think you’d be a good fit for the role, fill out the brief application form at the bottom of the page.
Account Director, Client Success
Are you a strategic, solution-oriented marketer? Do you have a passion for creating lasting, meaningful client relationships? Do you enjoy coaching and mentoring others? Do you want to be a part of a team that’s leveraging modern marketing practices and new technologies to do things differently (read: smarter)? Are you looking to join a vibrant, growing agency with a proven track record? As a Demand Marketing Firm, we aren’t your typical agency. Our approach is much more like a creative professional services firm; we create consultant-like relationships with our clients. We are always looking for the most progressive marketing approaches, and we are focussed on the type of marketing that doesn’t just reach people but converts into large B2B sales. If this sounds interesting to you, read on and consider taking your career to the next level.
Quarry is looking for an experienced, tech-savvy B2B marketing executive to join our Client Success team as an Account Director. A senior level position on the Account Management team, this role serves as a key growth advisor to our most strategic clients and a coach for other members of the Account team. The Account Director makes it their priority to get to know the client’s business and the ways in which the agency can help the client achieve their goals and objectives. You will build and maintain strong relationships with key decision makers to help clients evolve and strategically expand their use of the agency’s services/offerings. The successful candidate will be comfortable leading and working within a team environment, acting as a primary client contact, building strong internal relationships to work well across various agency stakeholders, including Workflow and Project Management, Strategy, Creative, Media, Technology and Operations. S/he will actively manage a portfolio of accounts to deliver quality work profitably, increase growth, ensure retention and monitor client satisfaction of key accounts, holding the agency accountable for meeting/exceeding business expectations and performance objectives.
To be successful, you exude confidence (and have the experience to back it up). You thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments. You are adept at managing multiple projects and priorities and responding to last minute changes in direction without breaking a sweat. You are curious and embrace learning whether it’s new technology, data and analytics or new industries. You long to work with an amazing team of people who are experts in what they do.
What you’ll be doing:
- Learn about all aspects of our clients’ businesses, understand our integrated service offering and constantly be looking for—and proactively sharing with clients — new ways we can help build their businesses—and our own.
- Be the clients’ marketing champion, building deep knowledge of their businesses, industries and customers.
- Foster relationships with senior-level clients and develop multi-threaded relationships within each account
- Be accountable for the profitability and revenue growth of each account, managing budgets, billing schedules and forecasting for our work.
- Build progressive lifetime value with individual clients through strong relationships, trust and high-quality work that delivers results.
- Remain continually connected (face to face, phone, email) with clients and team members, listening and reacting to wants and anticipating needs.
- Work closely with direct reports, providing them support and helping overcome barriers to success.
- Provide ongoing oversight and real-time coaching in growth areas.
- Bring the right people together to get the job done right.
- Employ a customer-centric perspective in our work.
- Ensure the work that we produce meets our clients’ needs while maintaining the Quarry high standard of quality.
- Work with the Demand Marketing Strategy team to build strategies and plans that meet and exceed client goals.
- Work in collaboration with the Head of the Workflow and Project Management team to create efficiencies in how work gets done and how we interact with our clients.
- Look for opportunities to give the creative team and/or subject matter experts latitude to push conventions and think big for our clients.
- Incorporate big-picture, forward-looking thinking in all the work we produce and ensure that every tactic we execute ties back to the overarching strategy.
- Hold regular status meetings and oversee the maintenance of thorough documentation to ensure the entire team is coordinated.
- Most importantly, be in the trenches helping the team and our clients move forward all the pieces of very large, multi-channel, multi-stakeholder campaigns, on time and on budget.
What we’re seeking:
- A high motivated, self-starter with a growth mindset and demonstrated success in building strong client relationships and oversight.
- The drive to be constantly growing revenue with existing clients and throughout those client organizations.
- Outstanding presentation skills and comfort with executive audiences, with experience playing a role in new business presentations.
- The ability to sell big ideas and concepts.
- Experience leading through difficult situations and negotiating tough conversations.
- Experience overseeing all agency outputs, ensuring they are on strategy, creative and of the appropriate quality.
- An aptitude for financial management, including establishing billing schedules, monitoring jobs to ensure profitability and proactively forecasting revenue by account
- Demonstrated understanding of the cost of agency services, with intuitive ability to help value price work for clients.
- Capabilities in forecasting, budgeting and managing margins.
- The ability to identify and bring together the appropriate internal and external cross-functional teams to deliver on client needs.
- An aptitude for effective collaboration and leadership. The willingness to present others’ ideas with passion is a major asset.
- Thorough knowledge in many areas, including marketing and marketing technology; geography; information and industrial design; and cultural, political and historical matters.
- 10+ years of relevant account management experience.
- 5+ years team leadership experience.
- Budget/financial management experience.
- Working knowledge of Marketing Technology solutions and approaches
- Proven track record on large, highly complex, multi-channel and multi-stakeholder business, with experience from strategy through to execution.
- Preference for candidates with experience in business-to-business marketing and technology industries