We’re looking for an Account Director to contribute to the Quarry team. Read the job description below, and if you think you’d be a good fit for the role, fill out the brief application form at the bottom of the page.
Are you a strategic, solution-oriented marketer? Do you have a passion for creating meaningful client partnerships? Are you looking to join a vibrant, growing team? Quarry is currently looking for an experienced Account Director to join our team. The successful candidate will be fostering relationships with senior-level clients, building deep knowledge of their businesses, industries and customers, and being the clients’ marketing champion.
To be successful, you exude confidence and thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments. You are adept at managing multiple projects and priorities and respond to last minute changes in direction without breaking a sweat. You love learning and long to work with an amazing team of people who are experts in what they do.
What you’ll be doing:
- Nurture key relationships within account at leadership/executive level including: CMO, VP, Sr. Directors, Directors, etc.
- Learn about all aspects of our clients’ businesses, understand our integrated service offering and constantly be looking for new ways we can help build our clients’ businesses—and our own.
- Remain constantly connected (face to face, phone, email) with clients and team members, listening and reacting to wants and anticipating needs.
- Proactive account planning, budgeting, results reporting, managing budgets, billing and forecasting for our work.
- Preserve, protect and grow revenue for key accounts at Quarry
- Monitor account profitability and growth
- Manage risks within the account
- Identify opportunities
- Lead/guide strategic account priorities, projects, activities and initiatives
- Voice of the client, voice of the customer
- Strategic value of the project
- Thought leadership and innovative/creative approaches
- Results and trends
- Be accountable for delivering results to our clients.
- Invest quality time in nurturing other members of the Client Success team
- Meaningful, relevant and frequent check ins with direct reports
- Career/people development plans for direct reports
- Provide regular opportunities for shared learnings and discussions and ongoing oversight and real-time coaching in growth areas for both your direct reports, and the broader Client Success team
- Bring the right people together to get the job done right
- Employ a customer-centric perspective in our work.
- Ensure the work that we produce meets our clients’ needs while maintaining the Quarry high standard of quality.
- Look for opportunities to give the creative team and/or subject matter experts’ latitude to push conventions and think big for our clients.
- Work with Quarry Brand Strategists and Demand Gen Strategists to build strategies and plans that meet and exceed client goals.
- Incorporate big-picture, forward-looking thinking in all the work we produce and ensure that every tactic we execute ties back to the overarching strategy.
- Look for and create efficiencies in how work gets done and how we interact with our clients.
- Share accountability for processes, progress and the quality of our work.
- Hold weekly status meetings and oversee the maintenance of thorough documentation to ensure the entire team is coordinated.
- Most importantly, be in the trenches helping the team and our clients move forward all the pieces of very large, multi-channel, multi-stakeholder campaigns, on time and on budget.
What we’re seeking:
- Demonstrated success in building strong client relationships and oversight.
- The drive to be constantly growing revenue with existing clients and throughout those client organizations.
- Outstanding presentation skills and comfort with executive audiences, with experience playing a role in new business presentations.
- The ability to sell big ideas and concepts.
- Experience leading through difficult situations and negotiating tough conversations.
- Experience overseeing all agency outputs, ensuring they are on strategy, creative and of the appropriate quality.
- An aptitude for financial management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the cost of agency services, with intuitive ability to help value price work for clients.
- Capabilities in forecasting, budgeting and managing margins.
- The ability to identify and bring together the appropriate internal and external cross-functional teams to deliver on client needs.
- An aptitude for effective collaboration and leadership. The willingness to present others’ ideas with passion is a major asset.
- Thorough knowledge in many areas, including marketing; geography; information and industrial design; and cultural, political and historical matters.
- 8+ years of relevant account management experience.
- Budget/financial management experience.
- Team leadership experience.
- Proven track record on large, highly complex, multi-channel and multi-stakeholder business, with experience from strategy through to execution.
- Business-to-business experience is considered an asset; experience in technology industries would also be considered an asset.